Thank you JOYCE for being a gracious host!
When I hear the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' I think of the Revolutionary War and what those people had to go thru to gain up a free country from tyranny. The colonists struggled and battled against the odds and won the independence we enjoy today. They didn't go thru the hardships so we can "do what we please" but to escape the persecution of a government that wanted to stifle the people. When we celebrate the 4th of July, remember it's not all about picnics and fireworks. Remember the founding fathers too.
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
Bluck! I don't eat hot dogs.8. Insert your own random thought here.
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
Fruit or Lasagna.
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
Oh crap! You got me there. I tend to be more dominant to make up for my husband being laid back approach. It works well because we balance out each other, talk before a decision is made and come up with a plan to keep those rowdy boys in check!
5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
This is sad, but our family didn't go on vacations. Before my parents divorced we went to the beach, but I don't remember it. I only know because we have pictures.
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
Once one more boy moves out, we would have one. I have so many ideas how to make it a cozy, relaxing place to be.
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
My oldest son was born on the 4th of July. There is always a family picnic and a birthday cake!
I got to ride on an elephant!! Click HERE to check it out!