How 'bout some Hodgepodge questions?
Answer these on your own blog and then scoot back over to Joyce's on Wednesday to link up with the rest of the Hodgepodge peeps. If you're new here feel free to join the party....the more the merrier!
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?
New Years Eve was a bust because I was getting over my illness. Christmas was a bust because I was sick. Thanksgiving was hectic because I am the host, and yet I would describe it as a super-duper day I spent with my family!
2. Share something you're a fan of these days?
Hello??? HOCKEY! After the NHL lockout ended (it's about time) this F.A.N. is BACK!
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?
I don't like wings, period. My son, Zachary loves wings! He prefers hot, but will eat whatever is available.
4. As long as we're talking sports today...have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?
I have not and do not care. Let's just say I am not at all surprised the man had been lying for years to his family, friends and fans.
5. What's a question you hate to be asked?
Did you forget to take your medicine?
(note to hubby: Just because I'm cranky doesn't mean I forgot to take my bi-polar meds)!
6. The coaches in this Sunday's big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?
I mentioned the brothers/coach thing to my husband, and he looked at me like "where have you been?" I follow hockey (see above #2) NOT football!
I would not say my sisters and I were competitive against each other. I strive to run a good day-care. My sister, Tori strived to be the top of her class. My sister,Tiffani strived to be the best mother. I think you can strive to be or do something without being competitive.
7. What's your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play?
My sons and I thew a lacrosse ball to each other. They were impressed I could catch the ball. I didn't let on that I played lacrosse back in the day for my high school team. :)
GOING TO A NHL HOCKEY GAME THIS SATURDAY NIGHT!!
VERY EXCITED! LET'S GO FLYERS!