I am a early-riser. Not always by choice, but I do get a hell of a lot more done. I’m also a huge believer in starting the day, getting chores done, or crossing things off my to-do list while my teenage boys sleep (I haven’t quite convinced them about this yet).
As divine as sleep can be, think about everything you could accomplish even if you set your alarm clock ONE hour earlier.
365 days in a year. Wake up one hour earlier and add 365 hours (about 15 days) to your life each year.
What would you do with all that time?
- Take time to relax, drink a cup of hot tea before starting your day?
- Take your dog for a morning walk.
- Do something for others (like make breakfast for your still-asleep family).
- Leave a little early and avoid stress traffic.
- Write a blog post. How about linking up with Les?
- Watch Law and Order reruns (guilty for the past 5 years or so).
I know sleep is good, sleep is great, we need sleep to stay healthy. Blah, blah, blah.. I’m not at all suggesting you adopt unhealthy habits. But in my experience – the early bird may just get the worm.
So who’s with me in starting an early-riser revolution? Or maybe I’m just crazy…Probably the latter.Come join Les at Time Out for Mom with a cup of coffee (or in my case, a cup of hot tea) in your hand and chat…