It has been a long time since we went bowling. I couldn't even give you a time frame. I do like to bowl. I wonder why we don't do it more often.
2. Should sports stars be role models?
Yes. They should be. It's good for children to see good sportsmanship and hard work ethics.
Are they good role models? Not always. There are so many athletes that are in the news for stupid behavior. Athletes like that are pushing the good ones into the background.
Shouldn't social media put the good athletes in the lime light instead of the other way around? That's another rant I could go on about.
3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?
I do like oatmeal. In the winter it is a daily breakfast treat. I like to put raisins in mine to give it a touch of sweet flavor instead of adding syrup.
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?
I don't have just one. My favorite books are by Diana Gabaldon. I am re-reading them because Starz is making a TV series based on the first book. Look for 'Outlander' this summer.
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?
Why didn't you do that sooner?
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
The Wedding Date. It's a movie from 2005 and I must have seen it a thousand times.
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
Funny, I just did a blog post yesterday about a trend I wish would go away.
You can read it HERE.
Two that never come back could be another blog post in itself. =)
Parachute pants and big hair from the 1980s would be top on my list.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Jamie Fraser from Outlander. A man who wears leather and a kilt.
Adam Levine, you have now been replaced.
Wednesday Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.
It would be great if you joined us!