Seriously people!! Why do boys think it's okay to wear their pants practically to the ground?
I like to think I am a sensible
This song by Larry Platt expresses my sentiments!!
As the title implies, the song talks about how people seriously need to pull their pants up, because below waistline doesn't really make them look "cool."
I have an 18 year old son who wears his pants in this fashion. Drives me nuts! I did a google search on the matter and found a site that had the funniest reasons why boys wear their pants so low. I had to share.
TOP 10 REASONS YOUNG DUDES WEAR THEIR PANTS SO LOW (“BUST A SAG”):
10: They just have too much junk in their pants (i.e. well endowed) and they need more room for things to “spread out”, shall we say….
9. They have just spent lots of money on VERY cool boxers and want to share their amazing undies with the world.
8. They are working on their arm muscles, and having to reach down and hitch up their pants every two steps while they are walking is a mini workout.
7. They have a new amazing belt, and think if they belt their pants around their thighs, you will have more opportunity to see it.
6. There was a super clearance sale at the Big and Tall shop, and they just couldn’t pass up a good bargain, even if the pants are three sizes too big.
5. They received hand me downs from a much larger person, and just couldn’t refuse accepting and wearing them (possible beat down there).
4. They have recently lost LOTS of weight and therefore their pants don’t fit properly anymore, and constantly fall down.
3. They have decided they are taking a stand on running, they are just NOT going to do it, hence the low pants…you can’t run in those things even if you needed to. Criminals who need to get away fast do NOT wear saggy britches…….Just sayin’……
2. They have decided to boost the economy in their later years by ruining their hips now (have you seen the wide stance walk they have to use to move in their way too big pants), so they can spend money later on things like walkers, canes, etc to get around.
and the number 1 reason men wear their pants low:
1. They are overheated and just need the butt and nut air conditioning…….I did another google search to find where this fad's origins began. It actually makes sense how it began. Prisoners were using belts to hang themselves. After they were no longer allowed to have belts for safety reasons they had to hitch their pants up. Other people (like rappers) began wearing their pants like this because they thought it made them look tough. Eventually the public caught on.
I personally think it looks ridiculous! (My son included)!