4 porkchops, 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick
2 Tbs butter
1 Tbs olive oil
1 small shallot, chopped
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup apple butter or apple jelly
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large, heavy skillet melt butter and heat olive oil over high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides, sear in skillet until golden brown and flip.
- When both sides are seared, transfer skilled to preheated oven to finish cooking (about 8-10 minutes).
- When done remove skillet from oven and remove pork chops with tongs to a plate. Tent with foil to retain heat.
- Spoon out any fat from skillet in excess of 2 tablespoons. Return skillet to medium high heat and add shallots. Saute until soft and fragrant.
- Pour in wine and scrape up and browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Let wine evaporate until almost gone and then stir in apple butter and chicken stock.
- The sauce with thicken slightly. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chops and serve immediately.